Joined on: January 7th, 2011
Sarah is a professional dance teacher living and working in the Pittsburgh metro area. She was born here and grew up in the city. She holds a BA and MA from the University of Pittsburgh with a plethora of majors including Fiction Writing (U), Russian & East European Studies, Medieval Studies & Folklore (G). She founded ARWZ.com in 2000, and been editor of its latest incarnation, the Alternative Reality Web Zine, since 2005. Her main personal and professional pursuits include American style ballroom dancing and rhythm dancing (e.g. waltz, tango, swing, cha cha, salsa, etc.), culinary competence in a variety spicy cuisines, the design and creation of sometimes excessively sparkly garments, and the hearty enjoyment of good wine, good company and good fiction.
Recent Posts by Sarah
- Thai Tacos
- Rigatoni alla Scarmorza
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Coconut Seafood Soup
- Massaman Curry
- Mexican Cauliflower "Rice"
- Turnip Colcannon
- Asian Meatballs in Green Curry Sauce
- Quesadilla Stuffed Peppers
Recent Comments by Sarah
- "I've been done with my Invisalign for several years now, so I don't know the current protocol for what to do if attachments break off. In your positio" on The Infamous Attachments
- "Honestly, I don't feel equipped to speak to that experience because I did not have hooks or elastics. Not sure what they are for, how they work, or ho" on Living with Invisalign: Oh the Discomfort!
- "It's certainly true that everyone has a different experience and different tolerance for pain. It surprises me, though, that your doctor put on the at" on The Infamous Attachments
- "I actually didn't soak the trays all that often. Every week or two they were gone, anyway, so I usually just brushed them to clean them. If your trays" on Living with Invisalign: Oh the Discomfort!
- "That's quite a lot of attachments. I don't know your particular case, of course... and it's been a number of years now since I had my treatment so the" on The Infamous Attachments
- "Your lisp should improve as you get more accustomed to wearing the trays. As for the sharpness of the trays, you can file down the sharp edges using a" on Living with Invisalign: Oh the Discomfort!
- "It's always most painful when you first put in a new aligner. I would say, maybe, take whatever OTC pain reliever your doctor recommends preemptively " on Living with Invisalign: Oh the Discomfort!
- "In all honesty, I don't remember. It was several years ago now. My orthodontist was always very prompt and running on-time so I don't recall any of th" on The Infamous Attachments
- "Changing weekly is good! You'll get through them faster. I had 42 trays in my initial course of treatment, but I only changed them every TWO weeks. Wh" on Living with Invisalign: Oh the Discomfort!
- "My Elite Provider offered a complimentary consultation before committing to treatment. He was able to tell me where the attachments would be during th" on The Infamous Attachments